152: NLP Analyst
Our client is a startup company with a great idea - they scan through web news articles and newsletters, looking for competitive intelligence (CI) that’s useful to their customers. And they already have an impressive customer list.
While their natural language processing (NLP) algorithms are strong, they’re not perfect. So, once their bots collect CI, it goes through a final, manual review before being sent to clients. To address this, the NLP analyst will take the results of the manual reviews and translate them into rules that will help automate out some of that manual work. Examples of rules/levers that might be adjusted include; adding negative and positive keywords, adjusting classifier score thresholds, analyzing keyword density, looking at domain authority and so on. This person will work with the development team and data scientist to implement these rules as well as analyze test data to continually improve the firm's NLP models. The job will evolve to continually improve the firm's output over time.
While an understanding of Python might be useful, it’s not required and this is NOT a programming position. It’s, instead, a great opportunity for someone who can understand how business language works, someone who can understand when results are improperly categorized and who can feed their analyses to technologists who’ll use them to improve the system.
Do you have the right background? If so, please submit your resume and fill out our questionnaire ASAP!
THE WORK: The work includes analyzing the results of online news article reviews to continually train and improve NLP models. The job will evolve to keep the firm's output strong and relevant over time.
LOCATION: This client is located in metropolitan New York but, as a hungry startup, they don’t have an office. Candidates are welcomed to live anywhere in the US that they’d like and work remotely.
- Mandatory: Understanding of Natural Language Processing (NLP) concepts (Programming is NOT required)
- Mandatory: Excel Competence
- Important: Understanding of Basic Statistics, especially classification algorithms
- Desirable: Python & SQL
- Desirable: Knowledge of Web Scraping
COMPENSATION: Dependent on skill set
WHY THIS JOB IS SPECIAL: If the following sounds appealing, you’ll like this job...
- A chance to be part of a small (11 person) team on the ground floor of a young, growing, yet established company
- Stock options
- A startup that controls its own destiny, that’s not ruled by venture capitalists
- A meaningful work-life balance; You’ll work hard but the co founders are big on the idea of this not being the typical, overworked startup environment. You won't be micromanaged and you'll have more independence than many positions offer.
INTERESTED? If you're interested and have the skills, we'd love to hear from you. Please answer our questionnaire and submit your resume right away! Thanks!
NOTE: Dataspace performs background and drug screens on accepted candidates prior to their employment or contract start dates.
U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.