155: Junior Data Analyst
Are you passionate about data and looking to kick off a data analytics career? We may have the role for you! We’re working with a small company that has a talented staff and big goals. No, they’re not in a “sexy” industry but they are making waves in an unusual space - commercial janitorial services. They’ve built a reputation for excellence and are now taking the next step - using their data to get better.
This firm has the advanced operational systems and services they need to do business. Now, the next step - taking data from those systems, cleaning it (ironic, for a janitorial company, isn’t it?), and using it to find new customers, retain existing customers, and improve overall operations. To get this done they need a person who knows some basic data tools, understands how business works, and is driven enough to ask the right questions and take the right steps. In this role you’ll be THE data analyst. So, if you don’t know how to do something, you’ll be expected to figure it out.
Is this you? If so, please submit your resume and fill out our questionnaire ASAP!
THE WORK: The work includes:
1) Creating analyses, reports, and dashboards to support needs across the organization including, but not limited to, marketing and operations
2) Reviewing, correcting, and cleansing data gathered over the past 20 years
3) Creating mechanisms to automate periodic reviews of data quality
4) Creating analytic databases and data marts
LOCATION: This client is located on the west coast but all employees are remote - you’re welcome to work anywhere in the US.
MODE: This is a permanent position.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Mandatory Excel - Must be confident creating reports and analyses
- Mandatory Power BI
- Important SQL
- Desirable Netsuite experience
- Desirable Mandarin Chinese skills - NOT REQUIRED but nice to have!
- Desirable Janitorial industry knowledge
COMPENSATION: $60,000 - $70,000 per year plus medical coverage, 401k, flexible paid time off (PTO)
WHY THIS JOB IS SPECIAL: A number of things make this a great opportunity at a great place to work!
1) You’ll be an important player in a growing small business
2) You won’t be pigeonholed - you’ll be tasked with applying analytics to an array of business opportunities
3) You’ll learn a variety of software including Netsuite
4) You’ll have schedule flexibility, flexible PTO, and the opportunity to work from home, anywhere in the US
5) You’ll work with a talented, friendly team of professionals
INTERESTED? If you're interested and have the skills, we'd love to hear from you. Please answer our questionnaire and submit your resume right away! Thanks!
NOTE: Dataspace performs background and drug screens on accepted candidates prior to their employment or contract start dates.
U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.